Monday, May 31, 2010

I've moved!

For the past little while my mom has been constantly asking me if I want to move from my current room down to the basement. So the room downstairs has served mainly as a guest room for the last little while but its also where my family stays when they move back in with my parents (both brothers moved back in for a few months). So the room once again became available a few weeks ago and I got to thinking about it and decided that it makes more sense to move down there.

My current room is extremely small and right down the hall from my parents room. The bathroom is tiny as well. So I talked to my mom and we decided to start working on moving all my stuff down to the extra room. I was really excited and documented the process (well the before and after anyway). So here it is!

This is my room before I moved...




It was a teeny, tiny room that I could hardly move around in and it had way too much furniture. It was really functional and it started to get on my nerves. It felt really cramped and wasn't all that comfortable as a primary room. During school I was only staying there on the weekends and it worked fine but being there day after day wasn't the greatest situation.
Even though I don't feel this way at all my mom was kind of feeling like her and my dad were kind of pushing me down to the basement so she said we need to make it as comfortable as possible. I was really wanting a desk which is something that would never have fit in my old room no matter what and my parents wanted to kind of get me an entertainment center so me and my mom headed off to Ikea on Sunday. Then after two and a half trips to Target and a lot of tiring work this is the result...




So in actuality I only got about 60 extra square feet but it feels so much bigger that what I had before. I don't know how much longer I will live at home but this is going to be so much better until that happens (not that I don't love my mom and dad).

1 comment: